Thursday 16 April 2015

#imnoangel by Lane Bryant


I was reading through my usual 'stack' of articles relating to plus size industry world wide and I noticed a very huge and viral post on Lane Bryant's latest new campaign ' #imnoangel ' Click the youtube clip above and take a look!

During my meeting with the Kaylene Babes, we were discussing on how this campaign will affect us or 'support' us in any aspects. We talked mostly about the pros of this campaign about how people ought to be reminded that it is okay not to own a VS model body in order to feel like an 'angel' or to be slim in order to be 'perfect' We also talked about how extensive this campaign Lane Bryant had spent on and were discussing what could be the potential reason for doing such a powerful advertisement. (Bear in mind ladies, there never have been one powerful and strong impacted advertisement previously) This is probably the few rare times where a leader in the plus size industry decided to take a big leap and make a stand. Interesting isnt it? We are not sure what their main core objective is and how huge amount of guts to do this massive campaign but regardless what it may be, we are sure applauding for their courage in our opinion.

One highlight mentioned by Eve was that looking at the other side of the coin where there will be a group of girls who are born too skinny due to the genetics or are sickly. They feel threatened by the campaign saying that the ad is insensitive toward the underweight girls who are did not become skinny just to make themselves blend with the 'society'. I was still unsure if in return we will be one nasty bully in future and hence I went to do a little more homework and found a very good response from Lane Bryant. From what I understand, they created this campaign to redefine what beauty is and they are challanging that. That I can accept and agree! Find out more from the following clip:



After watching this clip, I was assured that the direction Lane Bryant is trying to achieve positivity rather than shaming the 'skinny' girls. Their main motto is to enforce that everyone is BEAUTIFUL and SEXY despite size. 

I am really very happy that more and more ladies are beginning to accept themselves for who they are and truly be happy and loving themselves. And simply for this effort, I applaud and support Lane Bryant's campaign.

After going through the quick investigation through various bloggers posts and Youtube videos and online article, I am proud to say that at the end of the day, the message that was trying to get across is that Beauty comes in all size and Sexy simply comes from within. i am proud to say that because of this positivity notion to allow more ladies accept themselves for who they are, 

KAYLENE supports Lane Bryant's campaign on #imnoangel 

What about you? Do you support Lane Bryant's #imnoangel campaign? Tell us!

Days after the campaign broke the internet, I was too intrigued and super charged up and got really 'silly excited'. I met up with some of my girls and told them about how I felt about this campaign. AND THEN IT HIT ME.... I wanna do something more than just typing it here and proclaiming my support for Lane Bryant's movement. I spoke to the founder of I AM - a youtube channel that specially caters for the plus size girls and told her my 'silly excitement'. Instead of her laughing it off, she simply replied; "let's do it!"

While many of you are intrigued with what KAYLENE + I AM can possibly do, lets keep it in suspense! In days to come, we will launching a short video clip painstakingly directed and editted by Prissy, Karen being the "PUSH lady" (cos she is ALWAYS the one encouraging and guiding us in every aspect, bravely taking their first step and modeled by Jena, Cat and Prissy and lastly filmed(shoddy job) and shot by yours truly...

It is a very amatuerish work.. but we took pride and gave our best. We hope you will like it and enjoy the clip. Till then, stay healthy and excited for us!

 
I am Kayde and I am a plus size blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment